Login Instructions for first time users
If you are logging in for the first time, your user id is the first five characters of your last name,
followed by the first three characters of your first name.
If you don't know your temporary password, please either contact your hospital system admin, or the
helpdesk at the contact points below.
Steps to activate your account:
- After logging in the first time, read and agree to the confidentiality agreement.
- Use the 'change password' link to change your temporary password.
- Log in again with your new password and update and save the 'security information' page.
- Select 'edit/view' on the 'edit profile' task and click the 'complete' button at the bottom.
- Wait for the menu to refresh, and then select 'Vita-EDRS' to access the system.
If you experience any difficulty, please email the help desk at email@example.com
or call us at 800-461-4159 and we will help you get logged in as quickly as possible.
Thank you, The DC Vital Record Team